Hunters Hill Outpost Tented Camp is situated in the heart of UNESCO World Heritage Site. A private camp with 2 SELF CATERING tents, each with separate toilet & open-air shower. Equipped kitchenettes, sleeper couches for 1 person (or 2 small children) & a deck overlooking the Magaliesburg Mountains. Linen, towels & amenities supplied. Boma with a fire pit & braai facility, small splash pool & sun deck. Totally off-the-grid. Ideal for families, mountain bikers & those just needing a break.
Accommodation: Each luxury tent can accommodate 3 people. Jason’s Tent has a king size bed and a sleeper couch. Joshua’s tent has two single beds and a sleeper couch.
Bathrooms: Each tent has a separate toilet and an outdoor, hot water shower
Kitchen: Each tent has its own kitchenette on the deck with a wash-up basin, a two-plate gas stove, kitchenware and cooking utensils for 3 people. Cooler boxes are provided.
Packing space: A chest of draws is available for your convenience
Outdoor facilities: The camp has a communal deck with outdoor furniture under shade net. A small, private, un-fenced splash pool for those hot summer days. The camp has a private, enclosed boma area for braaing with camping chairs and a prep table. Camping chairs and braai grid supplied.
Fire extinguishers on site.
First aid kit on site.
Under-shade parking for two vehicles
As the farm and the camp is off-the-grid, there is no electricity. We make use of gas, solar power and a hot-water ‘donkey’ for heated water
The camp is SELF CATERING, so guests are required to bring all their own food, drinks, firewood and ice. Although there are restaurants and bistro’s in the area, very few are open in the evenings. The closest shopping centre is about 20km away from the camp.
Should you require additional ice, firelighters, charcoal or braai wood, you can purchase from the owners. Prices as follows:
Ice – R25 per bag.
Firelighters – R25 per box
Charcoal – R35 per packet
Braai wood R55 per packet.
Strictly CASH only.
NB. The gravel road leading to the farm is NOT suitable for low profile vehicles and therefor a bakkie or high-profile SUV or vehicle would be advisable. Hunters Hill Outpost will not take any responsibility for any damage to vehicles driving on this road.
Cell phone signal is limited depending on the network.
No public transport.
WHAT TO DO IN THE AREA
Things to do in the area include:
· Mountain bike trails
· Hiking trails
· Fossil tours on the neighbouring farms
· Game drives within the neighbouring reserves
· Restaurants and bistros
· Visit to Maropeng
· Trout fishing
· Hot-air Ballooning
· Picnics at the river
· Easy access to Lanseria International Airport.
· Helicopter flips over the World Heritage area
· Day spas close by
· Horse trails
Should you like to book any of these activities through Hunter Hill Outpost, please inform us at least 5 days in advance and we will make the arrangements.
The pool is NOT enclosed and therefore not suitable for children who cannot swim. Please keep a close eye on young children. Hunter Hill Outpost does not take any responsibility for any accident or incident that may occur as a result of children falling into the pool.
· No pets allowed
· No smoking inside the tents. There are ashtrays available outside for smokers.
· No parties or events. Due to the sensitive nature of the area, loud noise will not be tolerated. Should guests not abide by these rules, they will be asked to leave.
· No open fires allowed other than in the boma.
· No disturbance or interference with any fauna or flora in the area.
· Absolutely no drugs or narcotics, including marijuana, allowed on the property. If any such substances are suspected or found, immediate legal action will be taken.
· CHECK-IN – 2pm – 6pm in summer. 2pm – 4.30pm in winter. CHECK-OUT – 11am
Full refund 5 days prior to arrival.
One-night minimum stay. Three nights maximum stay.